Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trip to Abilene

I went to Abilene this weekend and got in trouble (again) for not posting on my blog, so I figure I had better start posting. This weekend was a lot of fun. I got to see David, Kristen, and Ava, as well as some friends. Ava is getting really big! I'm beginning to wish I had gone to ACU so I could be around all the time and not miss out on anything exciting like Ava mocking her Daddy making fart sounds! haha. I also got to go to Sing Song with Micah on Saturday night. It was really good! That made me want to go to ACU even more.

I have reached a dilemma. If you know me, you know that I like to make plans well in advance so I have enough time to change my mind at the last minute. I know I made the right decision by going to Blinn and getting all of my firefighter/paramedic certifications, but I don't know what to do after I finish my associate's degree. I'll be done with the degree in Fall 2010, and want to go to paramedic school in Spring 2011. Here's the problem: I need a bachelor's degree to move up in the ranks in the fire department. I've been thinking about going to ACU in Fall 2011 to do a degree in either Communications or Social Work. I would like to use a career in the fire service to ultimately glorify God, and I believe that going to ACU and obtaining the education to help people find the resources they need would be very benificial. Another option is getting hired on with a fire department and getting a Fire and Emergency Management degree online while I work. The good thing about this option is that my course work from Blinn would supplement the degree plan for the bachelor's degree. I also realize that I do not need to have a degree from ACU to be a servant in God's kingdom. We will see where God takes me.

No comments: