Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Work

So today had to be the worst start to a day ever! I woke up late and had to rush to work. Well despite my efforts, the traffic signals kept me from getting to work on time (No, Mom and Dad, I didn't speed). I was only three minutes late, but one minute past the clock in time is late. So I clock in at 8:48 as opposed to 8:45 and get my passenger count sheet from Dispatch. So I run out to the bus, which happens to be the furthest away on the lot, and get it cranked up. It is now 8:50 and I still have to drive off campus for my first stop at 8:59. I immediately pull out of the lot, but someone in management had the bright idea to have all of the buses from every route leave at the same time. So I didn't get out of the lot until 9:00 because of the back up to get out of the gate. So I finally arrive at my first stop 6 minutes late. Well, another route 36 bus is right in front of me, and I tell him to go ahead and I'll get the next few stops. Well, he says that he's on schedule, and that I should go around him to get back on my schedule, so I do. Well I'm so anxious to get caught back up on schedule that when I do get back on schedule, I accidentally leave early from the main campus stop. Once again I get behind another route 36 bus. Thinking that I'm on schedule, I tell her to go out of service and get back on schedule. She then replies that she is on schedule, that I'm early. So I make a fool out of myself all morning. We'll see how the rest of the day goes!

2 comments:

David said...

Yikes! You should just go off-roading in your bus.

mom said...

Glad you had a better day yesterday. Keep blogging.